Age of provocation. China warned everyone, this week. Soros had better not declare war on Chinese currency—or else. Taiwan had better not do a lot of things. The US had better not do a lot of things. Basically, the world “had better not”.
The Pacific conflict is reaching the point where China expects a World v China scenario. Whatever China is doing to make enemies is so powerful that not even Obama can stay low key—whether he wants to or not. Beijing’s “magnetic” personality is drawing all guns to point east.
Taiwan is beginning its political transition, not without its own rumours. The DPP opposition took the legislature today. The new president won’t be sworn in for a few months. But with the vast majority already in power in the legislature and local governments, the lame duck, Ma, is strung up by his webbing. All anyone can do about Taiwan is quack; the president, president-elect, and even Beijing.
Source: Pacific Daily Times
- Chinese military conducts war games in South China Sea (dailystar.com.lb)
- Chinese submarine “destroys” US aircraft carrier (pravdareport.com)
- China says carries out war games in South China Sea this week (trust.org)
- US: Chinese Island Building Threatens Shipping, Fishing (voanews.com)
- Australian aircraft will continue to patrol South China Sea (sbs.com.au)
- U.S. Pacific Fleet commander warns of arms race in S. China Sea region (worldtribune.com)
- Chinese admiral says South China Sea belongs to China – because it has ‘China’ in its name (chinadailymail.com)
- A worried China tries to urge Philippines to ditch its South China Sea case (chinadailymail.com)
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip (chinadailymail.com)
- India will not hesitate to use naval power to protect economic interest in South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)