The following is based on a translation of a report in Chinese media:
Beijing Morning Post says in its report that Shen Jinke, spokesman of the Chinese air force, announced the news that China’s H-6K bombers and various types of fighter/bombers and early warning aircraft conducted training more than 1,000 km outside the first island chain
Chinese military’s website 81.cn and newspaper PLA Daily say in their reports that the warplanes set out from an airfield in South China to fly continuously for several thousand km and successful conducted precision attacks on various targets.
Shen said that it was the fourth training of its kind this year and that Chinese aircraft always conduct patrols of China’s East China Sea Air Defence Identification Zone to identify the nationality and type of aircrafts entering the zone and to track them.
The report says that there are no military targets in that sea area except the U.S. navy.
Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Chinese air force patrol East China Sea Air Defence Identification Zone and flies more than 1,000 km out of island chain” (summary and comment by Chan Kai Yee on the report in Chinese)
- China threatens restricted flight zone over entire South China Sea, giving them the right to shoot down unauthorised planes (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese jet’s aggressive intercept of US jet in international waters (chinadailymail.com)
- China bolsters East China Sea claim, warns of ‘defensive measures’ (chinadailymail.com)
- Calls to punish China grow (chinadailymail.com)
- China denounces Japan’s protest over military jets close brush (chinadailymail.com)
- Exclusive: Japan’s far-flung island defense plan seeks to turn tables on China (scooprocket.com)
- Japan Ramping Up East China Sea Defenses (valuewalk.com)
- Japan Prepares Missile Blockade In East China Sea To Halt Chinese “Maritime Aggression” (zerohedge.com)
- Japanese island defense plan takes shape in bid to turn tables on China (japantimes.co.jp)
- Why the Su-35 is Beijing’s bailout fighter (rbth.com)