A report in people.com.cn says that a real war may break out between China and the U.S. in the South China Sea, as Chinese submarine no. 372 has recently received a first-degree combat readiness order on its way back from a secret cruise at high seas.
It was ordered to go to the South China Sea with such combat readiness.
The report states that there are four degrees of combat readiness.
The troops are in the highest degree combat readiness (first degree) when the situation is very tense and there is a clear sign of war against China.
All means of reconnaissance are in active operation to monitor the enemy and reserve troops are expanded and ready for emergency.
Source: people.com.cn “PLA meritorious submarine sent to the South China Sea on its way back with an order of first-degree combat readiness” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- Vietnam is becoming a proxy in efforts to contain China in the South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- Philippines General seeks arms upgrade as China threat expands (chinadailymail.com)
- India will not hesitate to use naval power to protect economic interest in South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- Vietnam warships visit Philippines amid South China Sea dispute (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s plans to control South China Sea; Philippines and Vietnam are just the beginning (chinadailymail.com)
- Xi Jinping, Obama likely to discuss cooperation and conflict (sfgate.com)
- China to host ASEAN defence ministers amid South China Sea tension (channelnewsasia.com)
- China’s President Visits The U.S. As Word Of Unsafe Aerial Intercept Surfaces (foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com)
- Chinese President faced strong protest in Tacoma WA (ireport.cnn.com)
- The China Challenge: Island-building – A Military Threat in the South China Sea (freebeacon.com)