The following is based on a translation of a report on a Chinese news site:
War.163.com says in its report that according to the 82nd issue of the The Observer magazine, a certain DF-21D brigade has recently conducted an unprecedented live ammunition drill of a volley of dozens DF-21D missiles.
The DF-21D reportedly can to kill an entire aircraft carrier battle group
The magazine reveals for the first time that there are several brigades of DF-21Ds, each of which has 27 to 64 vehicles for carrying and launching one such missile each.
The rationale of the drill is that due to enemy missile defences, one brigade launching one DF-21D or several brigades launching one DF-21D each at the same time cannot ensure hitting the target.
The report says that only a volley of all the 27 to 64 DF-21Ds of one brigade at the same time within one minute can ensure the destruction of one entire aircraft carrier battle group.
The magazine says that one warhead of the missile that weighs more than 10 tons and hits at a speed quicker than Mach 5 is enough to sink a modern warship; therefore, there is no need for a second hit.
Source: mil.163.com “2nd Artillery Corp. can launch tens of missiles within one minute: Can it destroy an aircraft carrier?” (Summary and comments by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- PLA expert says China will not be a rival to US for at least 50 years (chinadailymail.com)
- China says its long-range aircraft carrier killer ballistic missiles confound US spies (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s newest powerful anti-ship missiles can sink Aegis destroyer (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese media says China’s hypersonic missiles can neutralise America’s ICBMs (chinadailymail.com)
- China says it’s new YJ-18 anti-ship missile is a real threat to US navy (chinadailymail.com)
- Will Chinese Aircraft Carriers Become A ‘Nightmare’ For US Navy? (outcastradio.net)
- PLA Navy’s primed Hainan base a prime target: People’s Daily (wantchinatimes.com)
- US Military still dominant but China can project to Taiwan and South China Sea (nextbigfuture.com)
- Obama Ignores Chinese Provocation in Alaska (americanthinker.com)
- To Celebrate “Peace”, China Produces Video Showing Destruction of US Forces (thenanfang.com)