The following is based on a translation from a report in Chinese media:
There are accompanying comments that the stealth fighter jet looks slimmer viewed from a rare new angle.
The area of its canards is not small.
The report says that the J-20 is relatively good at high-speed cruise.
The report also says that the J-20 has a new stealth coating, which makes it look more metallic.
Source: mil.news.sina.com.cn “Disclosure of photo of the most recent flight test of new version of J-20” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China’s J-20 stealth fighter: Finalisation test flight and interior weapon cabin (chinadailymail.com)
- First Chinese stealth drone ‘ready’ for test flight (chinadailymail.com)
- China hopes to snatch sales from US with J-31 4th-generation fighter jet (chinadailymail.com)
- China claims H-18 stealth bomber is able to reach Guam with nuclear weapons (chinadailymail.com)
- China says it is able to track and kill US stealth aircraft (chinadailymail.com)
- J-20 stealth fighter to begin service with PLA in 2017: Kanwa (wantchinatimes.com)
- China’s Fifth Generation Stealth Fighter are underpowered with second rate stealth but new prototypes are being built at low cost (nextbigfuture.com)
- Stealth and anti-stealth technology arms race (nextbigfuture.com)
- Russian weapons face West’s economic wall (rbth.co.uk)
- China’s PLA launches massive war games in South China Sea (spacewar.com)