Propaganda backfired this week. Beijing wants more Internet censorship, almost to create a “Chinanet” akin to another Great Schism not seen since the Orthodox Church split from the West. TPP failed.
Students in Taiwan stormed government offices to keep out China-propaganda over “minor” changes to national curriculum.
An Australia-India-Japan alliance plumed out of nowhere.
Taiwan and Japan are kissing and making up. And some truth came through well-kept gates.
An 18-year-old got back from his year in North Korea. The North Koreans shower together like Americans and Romans. North Korean students are curious about mundane life in America. And, notably, North Koreans seem to agree with a Americans: Government is the problem, not the people.
Joshua Wang, Hong Kong, had an interview with the BBC and explained that the Umbrella Movement never really had a plan and never communicated a plan to the public.
But they did succeed in raising public awareness. In other words, the truth broke through in Hong Kong, just like the Pacific Daily Times’ Symphony told you it would, right here, almost ten months ago.
…The photo tells the story of the “sore loser” attitude among Asians, as well as the difficult, “character building” experience Taiwan is going through.
Taiwan’s curriculum controversy
…”Taiwan’s capital is Nanjing, with Taipei ‘the current capital’”
…Minister of Education thanks protestors for opinion, no change
…Reflections on the movement, an awakening
Source: Pacific Daily Times
- China’s Overseas Investments Likely To Reach Record This Year (forbes.com)
- Taiwan receives nearly 5 million inbound visitors in H1 (wantchinatimes.com)
- Taiwan police arrest 30 student protesters (rappler.com)
- Students protest in Taiwan over ‘China-centric’ education (channelnewsasia.com)
- Taiwan’s Far EasTone to buy China Network Systems for US$2.3 billion – source (tradenewswire.net)
- Student against illegal educational adjustment breaking into Education Ministry in Taiwan (ireport.cnn.com)
- Students protest in Taiwan over ‘China-centric’ education (sinodaily.com)
- Hong Kong Legislative Council Stormed (chinadailymail.com)
- China and the volcanic politics of Hong Kong and Taiwan (chinadailymail.com)
- 2014 Protests in Asia (chinadailymail.com)