The following is based on a translation from report in Chinese media:
“It has a maximum speed of 230 km/hour, cruise duration of 40 hours, and range of 5,000 km.
“In addition to conventional reconnaissance, Caihong-4 can carry precision-guided weapons to conduct accurate attack at fixed and low-speed target.
“It can fly at an altitude between 7,000 and 8,000 metres and has functions better than the US Predator-A.”
Shi revealed in the interview his secret in developing new drones so quickly.
He said that he first made a prototype and then gave flying shows of the prototype to potential customers of the drone to get feedback from them so that he could add extra functions and make amendments required by the customers.
He said it saved a lot of time to make the new drone satisfy its potential users.
Regarding China’s drones, Shi said that they ranked in the forefront in the world though China still lagged behind the West in some specific technologies.
Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Caihong-4 surpasses US Preditor-A: China-made unmanned aerial vehicles able to compare with world bests” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China’s Rainbow drone ready for delivery to PLA (chinadailymail.com)
- China says its drones superior to US in every aspect (chinadailymail.com)
- China preparing for drone warfare (chinadailymail.com)
- China developing drone fleet against U.S. (chinadailymail.com)
- First Chinese stealth drone ‘ready’ for test flight (chinadailymail.com)
- Carpet bombing: Tejas to demonstrate fire power ahead of FOC (nosint.blogspot.com)
- China uses drones for first time for earthquake relief activities (nation.com.pk)
- China’s Drone Takes Flight on Disaster Stricken Xinjiang (chinatopix.com)
- 42,000 unmanned Chinese military craft by 2023 (darkgovernment.com)
- Beijing finishing land reclamation project in S. China Sea, Japan ‘mulls’ shooting down drones (rt.com)