China’s economy is tanking if you look at sales reports, or, no, wait, it’s going up if you ask the Chinese. China is also losing the in the battle for Vietnam’s alliance: Moscow is now buddy-buddy with Hanoi.
Taiwan’s internal politics are all over the map with a presidential election schedule running near-parallel to the US 2016 election. Both countries look like they will elect a leader that wants to “deal smart” with China—against Beijing’s de facto policy of demanding that the world allow itself to be annexed by Beijing. Beijing has already rejected what looms in 2016 like a slave owner rejecting a slave’s desire to “normalize relations”.
Speaking of slavery, China is not an expert on human rights, lecturing the US. It is almost comedic, not because of the gross difference in numbers, but because China has so consistently told the US that countries should mind their own business. It seems Beijing has reversed that precedent with a new one.
…Russia is on the scene.
…China’s economy is slowing down, luxury brands have to cut costs, BMW profits down. But wait, a large Chinese company founder doesn’t want you to believe that…
…McD’s to dump ownership of their corporate-owned locations in Taiwan to franchisees.
…More Taiwan politics
…More Taiwan political antics and humor
Source: Pacific Daily Times
- US, Vietnam discuss halting South China Sea reclamations (nation.com.pk)
- Vietnam pledges cooperation with China in sea dispute (globalnation.inquirer.net)
- US, Vietnam discuss halting South China Sea reclamations (spacewar.com)
- Will South China Sea dispute arbitration bring peace to the region? (chinadailymail.com)
- Vietnam warships visit Philippines amid South China Sea dispute (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s aggression could see formation of a powerful anti-China alliance (chinadailymail.com)
- Philippines police detain Chinese fishing boat in South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- How U.S.-China may administer these “Six Wars” (chinadailymail.com)