The following is based on a translation of a report in Chinese media:
Photos of the Chinese navy’s new Type 636 mesopelagic-pelagic survey ship have been posted by “military fans” on the Internet to show China’s advanced capabilities in building super-quiet anti-submarine warships.
The captions of the photos state that the Chinese navy’s Type 636 mesopelagic-pelagic survey ship is brilliant in its silence due to the use of a side slanting propeller, a floating vibration-reduction technology device for its diesel generator, the vibration-reduction design of its major machinery, damping treatment for its foundation bed and hull and measures such as soft connection of the sound platform of its energy exchange and sound absorption.
It is said that the ship is quieter by far than many other anti-submarine warships and can be regarded as a “black hole in ocean.”
Experts say that the above-mentioned silencing technology has also been used in many destroyers and frigates in service in Chinese navy.
According to the report, there may be new specialised anti-submarine warships.
The report says that because these ships are so quiet, they are far superior to mainstream anti-submarine warships.
A photo has been posted by a web user of the cutting of a door at the tail of a new frigate being built.
Source: war.163.com “China’s new type ‘ocean black hole’: an anti-submarine warship superior to main stream ones” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China says it’s massive navy buildup is world’s biggest (chinadailymail.com)
- China continues advance into South China Sea; military base to be built on artificial island (chinadailymail.com)
- China is claiming air space over disputed areas of the South China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- China responds to US ‘provocations’ in South China Sea by a direct challenge, increasing building on artificial islands (chinadailymail.com)
- China sends warships to escort oil rig to waters claimed by Japan near Senkaku (Diaoyu) Islands (chinadailymail.com)
- Military Marvel: China Ready to Test Asia’s Largest Warship (theunhivedmind.com)
- China Is Getting Ready To Test Asia’s Largest Surface Warship (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- PLA has right to ram Japanese warships in South China Sea: admiral (wantchinatimes.com)
- China’s Creation of Asia’s Largest Warship – A Breakthrough In China’s Military Unit (chinatopix.com)
- China’s Testing Asia’s Largest Warship (nationalinterest.org)