The following is based on a translation of a report in Chinese media:
Judging by the photos provided by them, its trailing cloud is unique in shape. The web users suspected that the trailing cloud was left by a midcourse ICBM interception test.
On May 24, Global Times interviewed quite a few Chinese military experts, who all believe that the trailing cloud indeed looked like something left by a special test. However, they are not able to conclude that the cloud was left by a midcourse ICBM interception test as a limited number of photos cannot constitute sufficient evidence.
A Chinese military expert who wants to remain anonymous believes that the trailing cloud was too high to be left by an aircraft while that of an aircraft must be parallel to the surface of the ground instead of rising up. He regards the cloud as something left by human aerospace activity or some physical phenomenon in the atmosphere.
Moreover, the trailing cloud left by an aircraft usually disappear within a short time while that left by a midcourse ICBM interception test remains for much longer due to the lack of atmosphere at the height of the test.
China conducted three midcourse ICBM interception tests respectively on January 11, 2010, January 27, 2013 and July 23, 2014.
The trailing cloud was seen in an area where the previous three tests were carried out.
Global Times says that if this is the fourth test as expected, then China is quickly catching up with the United States.
Source: Global Times “Web users in Northwest witnessed a UFO that gave rise to speculation about a midcourse ICBM interception test” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China Secretly Conducts Second Flight Test Of New Ultra High-Speed Missile (chinadailymail.com)
- The China Beige Book questions China’s economic data (chinadailymail.com)
- Radioactive coal ash from mines near uranium deposits falls on China cities (chinadailymail.com)
- China says Okinawa doesn’t belong to Japan (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s anti-graft storm begins in earnest (chinadailymail.com)
- UFO Sighting in Several Chinese Cities Sparks Some Bizarre Speculations (chinatopix.com)
- Bizarre UFO lights seen by thousands over Chinese cities lead to fear of ALIENS arriving (express.co.uk)
- Black Triangle Spotted Over Charlotte | UFO NEWS Black Tria (PS POST) (disc.yourwebapps.com)
- UFO spotted in Northwestern China (wantchinatimes.com)
- Electronic Junk Creates Toxic Lake in Inner Mongolia [PHOTOS+VIDEO] (ibtimes.co.in)