The following is based on a translation from a report in Chinese media:
People.com.cn says in its report that Chinese air force expert Wang Mingzhi told CCTV in an interview that the J-16 will soon be commissioned into the PLA Air Force.
Like the F-15E, the J-16 is a double-seat heavy fighter jet able to carry a heavy load of ammunition for ground attack.
However, as it was made later, the report says it is superior to the F-15E in IT, electronic navigation technology and the weapons it carries.
Source: people.com.cn “Expert: J-16 equivalent to US military’s F-15E but with essential real improvements” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China’s new J-16 fighter jets appear to have been commissioned into the PLA air force (chinadailymail.com)
- China has technology to build VTOL J-20 stealth fighter jet (chinadailymail.com)
- Russia sells China 100 Su-35 fighter jets (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese jet’s aggressive intercept of US jet in international waters (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese media claims: Japan has plans to force down Chinese jets; Chinese jets chase away Japanese jets (chinadailymail.com)
- Internet pics suggest J-16 fighter close to entering service (wantchinatimes.com)
- China has upgraded SU-27 copy but still buying generation 4.5 Russian Su-35 (nextbigfuture.com)
- The Chinese Air Force’s Super Weapon: Beware the J-11D Fighter (nationalinterest.org)
- China’s advanced J-11D heavy fighter jet takes maiden flight (rt.com)
- China’s advanced J-11D heavy fighter jet takes maiden flight (alrasub.com)