Nepal needed immediate help after an earthquake, but Nepal turned away Taiwan’s aid from fear of Beijing; India, China, and Pakistan were invited to the party. Russia agrees to sell missiles to China, setting off alarms, some too loud, others not loud enough. Eyes are turning to Taiwan.
Some claim that the West would not defend Taiwan if attacked by China because Taiwan isn’t important enough. But, others explain that losing Taiwan would encourage Beijing to go farther. Regardless, China’s growing reputation precedes it more and more. And more eyes turn to a growing shadow that creeps toward Hong Kong and Taiwan.
…It would only encourage China to continue. Know why!
…Taiwan was ready to help Nepal in the aftermath of the recent earthquake, but Beijing said no.
…Possibly an overreaction
…Why the overreactions are overreactions
…It’s economic and environmental.
…He could be charged with attempted murder.
…Nuclear power is unpopular in Taiwan, especially after Fukushima. It was a secondary key topic in Taiwan’s Sunflower Movement.
…Even making headlines in US-related opinion blogs
Source: Pacific Daily Times
- Taiwan Rejected as Founding Member of AIIB (voanews.com)
- Hong Kong citizens considering emigrating to Taiwan (wantchinatimes.com)
- Taiwan rejected as founding member of AIIB: Beijing (spacewar.com)
- China says Taiwan won’t be charter member of Chinese-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (canadianbusiness.com)
- China says Taiwan won’t be among charter members of new bank (nzherald.co.nz)
- China says Taiwan won’t be among charter members of new bank (utsandiego.com)
- Prelude to Conflict: Asia, March 16, 2015 (chinadailymail.com)
- China protests planned U.S. sale of warships to Taiwan (chinadailymail.com)