The following is based on a translation from Chinese media:
Mil.huanqiu.com carries news.cn’s report on cooperation between military and civilian enterprises in weapon development.
This has a resolution rate of 0.1 metre at a height of 8,000 meters, capable of discerning a football on the ground from that height. It can be used for both military and civil purposes.
The radar can be installed on drones that fly as high as 8,000 metres.
These drones can be used to guide Chinese artillery against a ground or air enemy.
For this reason, it is superior to electro-optical imaging systems.
SAR images are so amazingly clear and crisp that SAR is used for a diverse range of military and science applications.
This includes earth resources monitoring, agricultural and land use, ocean spill monitoring, polar ice assessment, intelligence acquisition, battlefield reconnaissance and weapon delivery.
Source: mil.huanqiu.com “New radar for Chinese drone with resolution of 0.1 meter at the height of 8,000 meters” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China says its drones superior to US in every aspect (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s Rainbow drone ready for delivery to PLA (chinadailymail.com)
- China is busy launching satellites for space-air military capabilities (chinadailymail.com)
- China claims H-18 stealth bomber is able to reach Guam with nuclear weapons (chinadailymail.com)
- China has technology to build VTOL J-20 stealth fighter jet (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s Yilong (GJ-1) Drone Absolutely One of World Best (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- Hybrid Power Could Let Drones Fly for Hours (dronedefinition.com)
- Splash Drone Lets You Take Underwater Pictures With Ease (technologyvista.com)
- Amazon Drones Get Approval For US Testing (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Drone Flight #5, Central Springs Park, near the Manchester downtown. The drone still has issues once… (westkarana.com)