The following is based on a translation from Chinese media:
The missile’s high speed and terminal movement make it very difficult to intercept.
At present, there is only one 052D destroyer in China with vertical launch system (VLS) to launch such missiles, but China is now building such destroyers on a large scale in order to have ten of them in service by 2017.
Moreover, China’s Types 093G and 095 attack nuclear submarines will also be armed with such missiles. A recent photo of China’s three new 093Gs shows that they all have VLS.
In the past, China relied on Russia for anti-ship missiles but now China is able to develop and make advanced anti-ship missiles to arm its navy on its own.
Source: qianzhan.com “Bare the mystery of PLA’s newest anti-ship missiles: Causing panic in the US and Japan as one of them is enough to destroy an Aegis destroyer” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China claims H-18 stealth bomber is able to reach Guam with nuclear weapons (chinadailymail.com)
- China says it’s massive navy buildup is world’s biggest (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s plans to control South China Sea; Philippines and Vietnam are just the beginning (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s aggression could see formation of a powerful anti-China alliance (chinadailymail.com)
- Japan’s master plan to defeat China in a war (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s Newest Anti-ship Missile YJ-18 a Real Threat to US Navy (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- Four more PLA weapons to worry the US Navy: report (wantchinatimes.com)
- Chinese Navy to Get 3 New Submarines (marinelink.com)
- China reportedly completes 3 advanced nuclear attack subs (intellihub.com)
- China’s strategy for establishing naval superiority in Asia is not going to make its neighbors happy (uk.businessinsider.com)