The following is a translation from Chinese media:
During the current annual National People’s Congress (NPC) and Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) sessions, a China Aviation News reporter had a special interview with Wu Guanghui, Tang Changhong and Yang Wei.
The reporter listened to the three CPPCC member aircraft chief designers’ talks on the Chinese aviation engineers’ creation, exploration and dream – to make China rich and militarily strong.
According to Yang Wei, in the past, China had a clear target to catch up to, as others were more advanced. He says, “Now we are close to them and even equal or surpassing them in some areas.
Now, the challenges we are facing are even grimmer. Under the circumstance of having no clear target to catch up to, the difficulty of creation is not at the same order of magnitude as that in the past.”
Source: huanqiu.com “Chief designer Yang Wei: No clear target to catch up, creation even more difficult” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- Chinese military’s unlimited budget (chinadailymail.com)
- China has technology to build VTOL J-20 stealth fighter jet (chinadailymail.com)
- Russia sells China 100 Su-35 fighter jets (chinadailymail.com)
- Armed Chinese fighter jets approach within metres of Japanese planes over East China Sea (chinadailymail.com)
- China developing 180,000-ton double-hull aircraft carrier (chinadailymail.com)
- Having Caught up with the Best, China’s Weapon Creation Even Tougher (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- Where is China ahead of the US? And where does it lag behind? (theguardian.com)
- China extends military splurge with 10.1% budget increase (spacewar.com)
- Chinese fighter jets patrol border after Myanmar warplane killed four in Yunnan (straitstimes.com)