In Shenzhen Satellite TV’s Military Information Direct Broadcast program yesterday, it is revealed that according to CCTV footage, China is the first in the world to have developed an air-to-air missile for helicopters, with the codename of Feiyan-90.
An air-to-air missile for a US fighter jet is 2.8 meter long and weighs 80 kg.A Feiyan-90 air-to-air missile is only 1.9 meters long and weighs only 20 kg.
That enables a helicopter to carry more air-to-air missiles to hit enemy helicopters.
Source: Shenzhen Satellite TV’s Military Information Direct Broadcast program at 1620 hrs, February 9, 2015
- China’s J-20 stealth fighter: Finalisation test flight and interior weapon cabin (chinadailymail.com)
- Five Chinese weapons of war America should fear (chinadailymail.com)
- China has established its first carrier-borne aviation force (chinadailymail.com)
- Is China building an “aircraft carrier in disguise?” (chinadailymail.com)
- Call made to US Congress for China war plan (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s World First Air-to-air Missile for Helicopter Feiyan-90 (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)