The following is a translation from Chinese media:
According to sina.com.cn, China will adopt the following six new technologies in its type 095 attack nuclear submarines: new water injection propulsion, super strong steel, mixed single and double-hull structure, new comprehensive vibration reduction floating raft and vertical launch tube for cruise missile.
The website says that the new submarine has to have an underwater speed not less than 33 knots, silent cruise speed not less than 18 knots, and maximum submerging depth not less than 600 metres.
- China develops revolutionary submarine with high speed of 100 knots (chinadailymail.com)
- China has built twelve new AIP submarines, while Japan has built only five (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese media claims three strategic nuclear submarines berthed in Hainan are superior to current submarines (chinadailymail.com)
- Six Leading Technologies Make China’s 095 Nuclear Sub Better than US (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- China Shows Off Its Strategic Nuclear Submarines to Avoid Nuclear Attack from US (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- Russian Navy Accepts First in New Class of Nuclear Attack Submarine (news.usni.org)
- Rudderless control could bring supersonic submarines from sci-fi to reality (defense-update.com)
- China invests in nuclear submarines (washingtontimes.com)
- Russia’s new Severodvinsk submarine to go on trial run in early July (en.itar-tass.com)