China and the West want China and the West to know that they are in a prelude to war. Here are a few reasons why from recently…
An international case seems to be developing, not only against China, but also casting doubt on the current ruling regime in Taiwan:
Amnesty says [Taiwan] nation must still improve human rights – Taipei Times
…recent police use of water cannons against peaceful protestors, Amnesty International condemns, similarities of Taiwan’s Ma to a Mussolini in the Pacific
…a trend in Human Rights cases against Taiwan, a US ally, immediately after refusing to disclose the contents of their secret talks with China
…Taiwan’s ruling political party announces they are now “protecting” Taipei subways with “Guardian Angel” police… thus increasing police presence… the same police that Amnesty International has condemned in recent days.
PRC United Front officials ‘pose security threat’ – Taipei Times
…The KMT in Taiwan is not only increasing their police presence, they are also allowing Chinese Communists to increase their presence inside Taiwan.
Majority view cross-strait ties as ‘state-to-state’: poll – Taipei Times
…China’s main concern is not with another country that claims to own all of China—so long as the claim includes EVERYTHING that Beijing also claims. But, if Taiwan or Mongolia claim to be separate countries from China, even though they want peace, Beijing will be outraged. This idea is known as the “one China policy” and counter-intuitive to Western thinking. In the minds of Chinese Communists, independence is more dangerous than claiming 100% of their territorial claims. This poll indicates that the Taiwan public rejects Beijing’s “one China policy” and already views Taiwan as an independent state. That alone could provoke China to launch any of their 2,000 missiles aimed at Taiwan—aimed at Taiwan not because Taiwan is any military threat, but “independence” is viewed by Beijing as a greater threat. That could start a conflict in the Pacific and this newspaper is not afraid to publish this controversial truth.
…Silence on relevant issues is akin to a “loud silence” about how volatile those issues are.
Obama’s Visit to Asia: Successful Rebalancing or Not? – China Policy Institute
US-Taiwan ties neglected: US academic – Taipei Times
…More in the US are talking about Taiwan.
Are China and Russia Moving toward a Formal Alliance? – The Diplomat
…Natural gas deal… and now, everything Russia does implies China, and vice versa.
Chinese E-commerce Giants Surge – Common Wealth
Cartoon: Economic Policy Hurts Regional Security – Taipei Times
…A trend in economic issues affecting potential conflictSource: Pacific Daily Times
- Tiananmen poets launch book ahead of anniversary – Taipei Times (taipeitimes.com)
- Top Chinese General Accuses US And Japan Of “Provocative Actions”; Russia Wonders Why “US Has To Lead” (fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.com)
- Taiwan ups cyberwar prep (zdnet.com)
- Foxconn to buy $390 million stake in Taiwan telecom operator in 4G push (news.yahoo.com)
- Taiwan: Shaken By The Sunflower Movement – OpEd (eurasiareview.com)
- US warns China that Washington will not remain passive if aggression continues (chinadailymail.com)
- Philippines says China appears to be building airstrip on disputed reef (chinadailymail.com)
- Taiwan to aim missiles at China (chinadailymail.com)
- China and Taiwan: Provoked to grab for power (chinadailymail.com)
- Taiwanese official snubs China; says aloud formal title of Taiwan during mainland visit (chinadailymail.com)