Liu was the leader of a mafia-style organisation, of which 36 members have been arrested.
The court ascertained that Liu lead and participated in organised crimes and dozens of intentional homicides and assaults, causing 8 deaths and many injuries.
In the verdict of first instance, five of the criminals including Liu Han and Liu Wei were given the death penalty.Death penalty for Liu Han, Liu Wei accused by court of organised crimes causing 8 deaths” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China’s anti-graft storm begins in earnest (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s live broadcast of executions for crimes allegedly committed abroad (chinadailymail.com)
- The mystery of the core of the CCP Dynasty (chinadailymail.com)
- Hint at death penalty for Bo (chinadailymail.com)
- Death Penalty to Sichuan Tycoon Liu Han for Organized Crimes (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- Tycoon Liu Han’s Case Exposes Official Collusion with Business, Mafia (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- Chinese tycoon sentenced to death (bbc.co.uk)
- ‘Deeply Evil’ Billionaire Gets Death Penalty (newser.com)
- China sentences Liu brothers to death (thehindu.com)
- China sentences mining tycoon Liu Han to death (capitalfm.co.ke)