In 2013, China commissioned 2 missile destroyers, 3 missile frigates, 9 light missile frigates, 2 large auxiliary ships, 4 conventional submarines, 2 supporting warships for submarines, 1 nuclear submarine, 2 double-hull survey vessels, 1 warship for testing underwater sound equipment and 2 minesweepers, ranking the first in number in the world.
Chinese media says that, according to unreferenced “foreign media” speculation, China ranked first in the number of warships it began to build and launched in 2013. Chinese media also said that, according to unreferenced “foreign media” speculation, China began to build 3 missile destroyers, 2 missile frigates, 7 light missile frigates, 3 conventional submarines, 3 nuclear submarines, 2 minesweepers and 1 new-type electronic reconnaissance ship that draws people’s attention.
It launched 2 missile destroyers, 2 missile frigates, 5 light missile frigates, 2 conventional submarines, 1 nuclear submarines and 1 minesweeper,
Chinese media continues to assert that, according to unreferenced “foreign media” speculation, in 2014, China will rank the first in the world in the number of warships it will commission, including 3 missile destroyers, 2 frigates, 7 light missile frigates, 2 conventional submarines, 2 nuclear submarines and 2 minesweepers.
Moreover, it will begin to build China’s first Type 001A homegrown aircraft carrier and large high-speed combat support warship, improved Type 039B submarine, improved Type 081 minesweeper, impoved Type 071 landing platform dock, new-type medium-sized landing ship, Type 055 large missile destroyer, Type 057 missile frigate.Source: huanqiu.com “Inventory Making: Chinese Navy Ranked the first in the world in the number of warships commissioned in 2013” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- Chinese naval vessel tries to force U.S. warship to stop in international waters (chinadailymail.com)
- Call made to US Congress for China war plan (chinadailymail.com)
- Russian expert: China to defeat broke America by 2020 (chinadailymail.com)
- China’s behaviour in South China Sea ship encounter is irresponsible says U.S. (chinadailymail.com)
- China says carrier tests in South China Sea going well (chinadailymail.com)
- New missile frigate joins Chinese navy (nzweek.com)
- China State Media Taunts: Our Warships Rival USA… Obama Silent… (redflagnews.com)
- Number of China-made weapons in active service surged in 2013 (wantchinatimes.com)
- China Tests US Resolve to Uphold Freedom of the Seas (theepochtimes.com)
- China’s Nuclear Submarines Are Less Than Advertised (theepochtimes.com)