At the 50th Paris Air Show at Le Bourget Airport, Russia had it’s most intensive participation over the past few years. All the 46 well-known Russian weapon manufacturers and companies, including Sokhoi, Mikoyan and Ilyushin, had presence there. In the exhibition hall, open-air site and flying shows, the audience has witnessed the Russian aviation industry’s newest achievements.
At that exhibition, there was the first flying show of the Su-35 abroad. The Su-35 is the most intrepid fourth-generation fighter jet in the world today. It is equipped with a 30mm machine gun, a radar with a search range of 400 km, and a flight range of 3,500 km without refuelling.
It’s powerful engine enables it to perform various super difficult movements such as horizontal rolling, plane screw spin, Pugachev Cobra and other stunt manoeuvres. It has its unique super “pancake” manoeuvre – a horizontal 360 degree turnaround without reduction of speed. Western media exclaimed in admiration, “It’s not an airplane, it’s a UFO.”
Mikhail Pogosyan, general manager of United Aircraft Corporation, was tremendously satisfied with the Su-35’s performance this time. He said: “The Su-35 is better than all other types of fourth-generation aircraft. Its performance not only embodies excellent pneumatic technology, but also the ability of the unique equipment it carries and its attack capability.
“It is not yet our newest achievement because we are at the same time developing a fifth-generation fighter jet. The two types of aircraft may supplement each other in the future to enhance the combat efficiency of the air forces of Russia and the countries that use Russian-made weapons.”Source: huanqiu.com “Russia: China and Russia Have Concluded Export Agreement for 100 Su-35s” (translated from Chinese by Chan Kai Yee)
- China: PLA signs preliminary deal for 24 Russian Su-35 jet fighters (chinadailymail.com)
- China buys 100 Russian Su-35s, Best Performance 4th-Generation Fighter Jets (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- Forget the F-22 and F-35, this is a real Super Maneuverable Fighter plane: the Russian Su-35 Flanker-E (theaviationist.com)
- Su-35 wows at Le Bourget (rbth.asia)
- Su-35 wows at Le Bourget Paris Air Show (rbth.ru)
- Su 35 Nicknamed Show Stopper (englishrussia.com)
- Sukhoi SU-35 fighter has all the right moves at Paris Air Show (gizmag.com)
- Sukhoi Su-35S Makes It’s Debut At the 2013 Paris Air Show (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- UFO over Paris? Unique Russian 4++ gen fighter to debut at Paris Air Show (rt.com)
- UFO over Paris? Unique Russian 4++ gen fighter to debut at Paris Air Show (lunaticoutpost.com)
- UFO over Paris? Unique Russian 4++ gen fighter rocks Paris Air Show (freedomportal.net)
- Unique Sukhoi Su-35 ‘UFO’ fighter rocks Paris Air Show (ncrenegade.com)