It comes at a time when India has asked China to withdraw troops it says have moved into a territory near the border.
China denies violating Indian territory. The two sides are holding talks to resolve the row.
“I believe we have a mutual interest and we should not destroy years of contribution we have put together,” Mr Khurshid was quoted by AFP news agency as telling reporters on the sidelines of a business event.
“I think it is a good thing that we are having a dialogue.”
Mr Khurshid said he would be visiting China on 9 May, ahead of Mr Li’s visit on 20 May for his first overseas trip, reports say.
India says Chinese troops erected a camp on its side of the ill-defined frontier in Ladakh region last week.
China has dismissed reports of the incursion as media speculation.
The two countries dispute several Himalayan border areas and fought a brief war in 1962. Tensions flare up from time to time.
They have held numerous rounds of border talks, but all have been unsuccessful so far.
The BBC’s Soutik Biswas in Delhi says there has not been a fatality in skirmishes along the undefined India-China boundary since 1967, but the memories of the crushing defeat inflicted by the Chinese on India in the 1962 war have not faded from the minds of some IndiansSource: BBC – “India foreign minister Salman Khurshid to visit China”
- Ladakh incursion: India and China face-off at the ‘Gate of Hell’ (chinadailymail.com)
- Indian Media’s Sensationalizing News on Chinese Invasion “Entirely Untrue” (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- China denies incursion in Ladakh; Salman Khurshid to visit China on May 9 – Daily News & Analysis (dnaindia.com)
- Khurshid to visit China next month (thehindu.com)
- Salman Khurshid to Help Disabled in China (shovonc.wordpress.com)
- This time with feeling: India, China revisit border talks after troop incursion (paksinica.com)
- Salman Khurshid to visit China on May 9 (sananews.net)
- We trust Joint Mechanism on Border Affairs: Khurshid (thehindu.com)
- Sino-India system exists to solve incursion issue: Salman Khurshid (sananews.net)
- ‘India, China have wisdom to defuse row’ (thehindu.com)
- China’s incursion in Ladakh: standoff might continue for weeks without further escalation, say sources in Army (ndtv.com)
- Chinese incursion: Salman Khurshid to visit China on May 9 (ibnlive.in.com)