With completely original, independently developed technology, of course.
Google Glass is certainly a very interesting product, which is already in the last straight to before going on sale.
Not everyone, however, intend to passively watch this project. Baidu, the Chinese search engine giant, decided to create their own interactive glasses.
The project, called “Baidu Eye,” is being tested by the company, but they do not know whether it will ever be commercialised. It is not known yet whether it will ever go on sale, though we are experimenting with various technologies for search, a Baidu spokesman said.
So what features would the glasses of “Baidu Eye” have?
Glasses would have a small LCD display, allowing the user to include a search for information.
According to Reuters, a key feature of “Baidu Eye” could be the ability to search and match images taken with the glasses camera.Source: Komputer Swait – Baidu stworzy konkurencję dla Google Glass?
- Google is blocked in China as party congress begins (chinadailymail.com)
- Baidu Eye – China’s Google Glass (nasilemaktech.com)
- Baidu Reportedly Developing Baidu Eye, Its Version of Google Glass (techcrunch.com)
- China’s Baidu Is Developing A Google Glass Competitor (embargozone.com)
- Baidu Eye Is China’s Answer to Google Glass, Company Confirms (mashable.com)
- Baidu confirms rumors on developing Google Glass like product (panarmenian.net)
- Baidu Eye vs. Google Glass (valuewalk.com)
- China’s Baidu Is Developing A Google Glass Competitor (businessinsider.com)
- Google Glass, meet ‘Baidu Eye’ (venturebeat.com)
- Google Glass alternative from Baidu in development (itpro.co.uk)
- If Google can do it, so can Baidu (drinkteabesocial.com)