General Yesin said at the round-table conference, organised by RIA Novosti on April 2: China will soon finish its development of a module missile, the multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle (MIRV) warheads, that are capable of breaking through the US anti-ballistic missile (ABM) system.
Yesin pointed out that so far all Chinese missiles have been installed with single warheads.
In the future, China will develop, process and perfect MIRV warheads with battle modules supported by equipment capable of breaking through ABM systems.
China’s development of such missiles constitutes asymmetry counterattack to counter US deployment of ABM systems.
Moreover, the ballistic missiles carried by China’s new nuclear submarines have a range of 8,000 km.
China is to carry out missile tests in China’s coastline military drills.
The retired Russian general says China’s military budget has risen 10% a year and reached US$160 billion now, but in terms of indexes, China still lags behind the US and ranks the second in the world.Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Russia Media: China’s ICBM with MIRV Warheads Commissioned Soon” (translated from Chinese by Chan Kai Yee)
- The emergence of a new cold war – China and Russia against USA? (chinadailymail.com)
- Four New Weapons that China Says Frighten the US and Japan (tiananmenstremendousachievements.wordpress.com)
- ABM missile shield: Why the US is giving up on Europe (rbth.ru)
- U.S. ready for preventive nuclear strike on Russia (rbth.ru)
- Breaking: Military Analysts Say North Korean Missile Launch May Be Imminent (amresolution.com)
- Russia to Start State Tests of New Ballistic Missile in 2014 (nosint.blogspot.com)
- Russian Bomber Roulette (freebeacon.com)
- U.S. needs 5 GBIs to intercept one Topol ICBM, Russian expert says (panarmenian.net)
- US needs 5-7 interceptors for Russian ICBM: Expert (vancouverdesi.com)
- Open Source Intelligence reports North Korea may have Chinese and Russian ICBM control electronics, Electro-Magnetic Pulse warheads, and plan a high-altitude burst over the Pacific Ocean. Sleep tight, America [Scary] (fark.com)
- SDI at 30, Part III (nationalreview.com)
- Pyongbang- the nuclear age on the Korean peninsula. (thethoughtsack.wordpress.com)