Red Flannel Hash Recipe: A Hearty and Delicious Breakfast Option
If you’re craving a hearty breakfast that combines bold flavors and colorful ingredients, look no further than the red flannel hash recipe. This traditional dish hailing from the United States is the perfect way to start your day on a flavorful note. With a delightful mix of corned beef, potatoes, beets, and onions, this dish is both satisfying and visually appealing. So, put on your apron, gather the ingredients, and let’s dive into this delicious red flannel hash recipe!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serving suggestions: Pair with a freshly brewed cup of coffee or serve alongside scrambled eggs and toasted bread.
|Corned beef (cooked and shredded)
|Potatoes (peeled and diced)
|Beets (cooked and diced)
|Onion (finely chopped)
|Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent and slightly golden.
- Add the diced potatoes to the skillet and season them with salt and pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
- Next, add the shredded corned beef and diced beets to the skillet. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Cook the mixture for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure it heats evenly.
- Once all the flavors have melded together, remove the skillet from heat and let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Serve the red flannel hash warm, directly from the skillet, or transfer it to a serving platter.
- For added flavor, garnish with fresh herbs like parsley or chives.
- This delicious red flannel hash can be enjoyed as a standalone dish, or you can pair it with scrambled eggs and toasted bread for a more substantial breakfast.
Q: Can I make red flannel hash ahead of time?
A: Absolutely! Red flannel hash can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, simply reheat it in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through.
Q: Can I substitute fresh beets with canned beets?
A: While fresh beets provide a vibrant flavor and texture to the dish, you can substitute them with canned beets if needed. Just make sure to drain and rinse them before dicing.
Q: Can I use leftover corned beef from St. Patrick’s Day?
A: Absolutely! This recipe is an excellent way to repurpose the leftover corned beef from your St. Patrick’s Day feast. Simply shred the cooked corned beef and follow the recipe as directed.
An Irresistibly Delicious Breakfast
With its hearty combination of flavors and striking visual appeal, red flannel hash is sure to become a favorite morning meal. Whether you’re enjoying it on a cozy weekend morning or as a special treat during the week, this dish is bound to impress. Plus, with the convenience of being able to prepare it ahead of time, it’s an excellent option for busy mornings. So, why wait? Gather the ingredients, follow the easy instructions, and prepare to delight your taste buds with this classic American breakfast dish!