Curry Chicken with Mango Recipe: A Tropical Twist to a Classic Dish
Curry chicken is a beloved dish that brings a burst of flavor and warmth to any meal. But if you’re looking to take it up a notch, why not add some tropical sweetness with the addition of mango? This Curry Chicken with Mango recipe is a fusion of rich spices, tender chicken, and the refreshing taste of mango. It’s a delightful combination that is sure to impress your family and friends. So let’s get cooking!
|Chicken (boneless, skinless)
|Onion (finely chopped)
|Garlic cloves (minced)
|1 can (13.5 ounces)
|Red bell pepper (sliced)
|Fresh cilantro (chopped, for garnish)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1. Start by preparing the mango. Peel it, remove the pit, and dice the flesh into small cubes. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
3. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the skillet. Cook for another minute until fragrant.
4. Sprinkle the curry powder over the onion, garlic, and ginger mixture. Stir well to coat the ingredients evenly.
5. Now it’s time to add the chicken. Cut the boneless, skinless chicken into bite-sized pieces and add them to the skillet. Cook until they are lightly browned on all sides.
6. Pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and let the chicken simmer in the flavorful sauce for about 20 minutes or until it’s cooked through and tender.
7. Add the diced mango and sliced red bell pepper to the skillet. Gently stir to incorporate the mango into the curry. Cook for an additional 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
8. Season with salt and black pepper according to your taste preference. Remember to start with a little and adjust as needed.
9. Remove from heat and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro if desired.
10. Your Curry Chicken with Mango is ready to be served! It pairs perfectly with steamed rice or naan bread. Enjoy the tropical flavors and the aromatic spices!
Q: Can I use frozen mango instead of fresh mango for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use frozen mango if fresh mango is not available. However, fresh mango is recommended for the best flavor and texture.
Q: Can I substitute chicken with another protein?
A: Certainly! This recipe works well with shrimp, tofu, or even vegetables for a vegetarian version. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure your chosen protein is cooked through.
All in all, Curry Chicken with Mango is a delightful twist on a classic dish that adds a burst of tropical sweetness to your meal. Whether you’re looking to impress guests or treat your family to something special, this recipe will surely hit the spot. So go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds will thank you!