According to a recent report by US Aviation Week & Space Technology, China is growing into the biggest missile manufacturer in the world. Two of China’s major arms manufacturers will turn out 50,000 missiles with terrible fire power.
Previously, there was a report that China had deployed 1,000 missiles targeting Japan for victory in its confrontation with Japan. That number is but a fraction of China’s missile production capacity. Such a huge number of missiles may enable China to subdue its enemy without fighting.
According to the data provided by US analysts, in the coming 5 years, China will be the leader on the world missile market. Its Norinco will rank the first and is expected to produce 29,992 missiles, taking a 15% world market share while US Raytheon Company will rank the second and is expected to produce 23,744 missiles with a world market share of 12%.
China’s CPMIEC will rank the third with expected production volume of 18,479 missiles and a world market share of 9%. Europe’s MBDA, the fourth with production volume of 11,232 missiles and market share of 6% while Russia’s Tura arms plant, the fifth with production volume of 10,413 missiles and market share of 5%. All the other missile producers are expected to produce a total of 108,787 missiles with a market share of 53%.
In the fiscal year of 2014, in terms of the value of products, US Raytheon is expected to turn out USD10.1 billion worth of missiles with a market share of 15%, ranking the first; US Lockheed-Martin, USD5.8 billion with a market share of 9%, ranking the second; while China’s CASC, USD5.3 billion with a market share of 8%, ranking the third.Source: qianzhan.com “US media: China’s two major weapon producer will build nearly 50,000 missiles with terrible fire power” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China says it’s massive navy buildup is world’s biggest (chinadailymail.com)
- Monster Machines: China’s New Hypersonic Missile Can Scream Past US Air Defences (gizmodo.com.au)
- China Confirms Hypersonic Missile Carrier Test (voanews.com)
- China seeks to calm US fears over missile (engineeringevil.com)
- Raytheon Wins $156 Million Missile Defense Award (fool.com)
- China Tests New Ultra-High Speed Missile Vehicle (fggam.org)
- China flight tests hypersonic missile vehicle, reports say (stripes.com)
- Israel’s Rafael and Raytheon to co-produce Iron Dome (upi.com)
- Israel’s Rafael and Raytheon to co-produce Iron Dome (spacewar.com)
- Raytheon receives SM-3 contract (spacewar.com)