The following report is a translation from. The views do not necessarily reflect those of .
Relying on US support, the Philippines is so arrogant as to announce in the New Year that it will increase its navy and air force deployment at Zhongye Island, a Chinese island that it has illegally occupied for years.
It will be an intolerable insult to China
According to experts, the Chinese navy has drawn a detailed combat plan to seize the island and the battle will be restricted within the South China Sea.
The battle is aimed at recovery of the island stolen by the Philippines from China.
There will be no invasion into Filipino territories.
A report in the Philippines Star confirmed the Philippines military buildup on the island.
- The Philippines and China will have a deal rather than a fight (chinadailymail.com)
- Chinese naval vessel tries to force U.S. warship to stop in international waters (chinadailymail.com)
- Philippines UN case means China may quit maritime pact to avoid submitting to judgement (chinadailymail.com)
- The Philippines sends more troops to guard disputed islands (wantchinatimes.com)
- Philippines Denounces New Chinese Fishing Regulations (voanews.com)
- China Bristles at those not in agreement with South China Sea fishing zone: U.S. Philippies, China, Vietnam (thetaleofbittertruth.wordpress.com)
- Philippines, Vietnam condemn China’s fishing law (cnsnews.com)
- Philippines, Vietnam Condemn China’s Fishing Law (abcnews.go.com)
- China Orders Foreign Fishing Vessels Out of Most of the South China Sea (freebeacon.com)